Sunday, December 23, 2007

Providence & a time of consolidation

Many thanks to all those who made it down today and thank you for all the presents!! Especially the lady who gave me a box of ferrero rocher when I wasn't around, please drop me an email to let me know who you are. It really feels wonderful to be appreciated by you wonderful ladies and just chatting with y'all really made my day and affirms how much I enjoy doing this and meeting you all. It really has been my pleasure knowing y'all, which if I hadn't embarked on this journey, I wouldn't have met.

A little story about me, jewelry design and art. I used to do badly in art in my secondary school, always scoring borderline grades. In Sec 3 I had to choose a subject to take, it was between art, accounts or home econs. I can't cook, I managed to cheat my way through the 2 years by pairing up with a wonderful cook and I loved washing dishes, we did very well in homec that way; I couldn't count for nuts and still can't count for nuts, just look at my accounts after each event, both my bf & Jacq laugh at me, the numbers rarely tally, it is quite sad. So i had to settle for art even though I wasn't very good in it, it was the lesser of the 3 evils i guess. The only submodule that I really did well in was jewelry design, but I never ever thought that I'd come back one full circle almost 10 years later. I still wonder if it was because i had the same art teacher for 4 years resulting in my really bad grades in art for all 4 years, or was i just not talented in that area. And 12 years ago back when I was still a kid, I used to go to this bead shop in toa payoh central to buy plastic shiny beads to make stretchable bracelets. Who would have thought I'd be doing this 12 years down the road. Lol.. Either way I just wanna say life surprises us in many ways more than one. ;P

Have a lovely one all you wonderful ladies whom I'm glad our paths crossed. A wonderful christmas and a merry new year.

Love,
Dawne

No comments: