Sunday, March 16, 2008

I will plant you a lilac tree - SOLD

As promised, I will plant you a lilac tree is a little darling of lilac roses and aquamarine faceted diamonds. I will plant you a lilac tree measures a petite 3cm excluding earhooks.

"'Tell me what you remember most about home,' Dick asked me one evening.

'A lilac tree,' I said. 'It bloomed every May around the time of Mama's birthday. Papa was a romantic; he would stand under the tree and sing songs of lilacs and love to her. The memory is so vivid in my mind, I can almost smell the lilacs now.'

'One day, when this is over, I'll plant you a lilan bush. Perhaps it will grow old and become a tree, like the one you remember.'

For that brief moment, I allowed my heart to swell with joy."

I Will Plant You A Lilac Tree, Laura Hillman.

Sometimes while naming my earrings, I come across books and things that pique my interest. This is one of them. Maybe in time i'll get to appreciate the story behind Laura Hillman. To feel for an object of nostalgia that fills your heart with so much joy is a personal discovery. I like personal discoveries. *smile*

No comments: